Winnipeg SEO for local search makes your business visible to customers in local Google search results. Local SEO refers to search engine optimization for Google + Local which was previously called Google Places (also known as Google Maps and Google Local). This is where the majority of Winnipeg based consumers search for local products and services which include what your business has to offer.
You can list your business by setting up a Google + Local page but that’s the easy part. Appearing prominently on Google Local search results is the tricky part and if you don’t know SEO, your business probably won’t appear as prominently as it should in local Google. The good news is, it’s possible to improve your online visibility to searching customers through our Local Winnipeg SEO service. This is where we can help your 5th avenue location be found on Google for people searching for “Winnipeg dentist” or “lawyers Winnipeg” for example. Ranking well for localized keywords requires a well-optimized website coupled with offsite strategies that’s specifically for Google Local.
Local Winnipeg SEO Service Process
- Local Keyword Research We’ll determine the search terms that brings out local Winnipeg results in Google for your industry. Short list and target the best keywords for your business.
- Local Competitive Research We’ll determine who your top competitors are. X-ray the strength of their on-site SEO, their Google + Local page, the number of citations, images, and reviews as well as the categories they’re targeting.
- Google + Local / Place Page Optimization We’ll help you setup a well-optimized Google + Local page for your business. Audit and properly optimize your existing page if you already have one and remove any potential spam, keyword stuffing, over-optimization. We’ll make sure that your page is properly optimized for the right keywords.
- Website Tune Up Before the blended local search results, you can rank in local searches without necessarily having a website but it’s getting harder to rank with just a Google Place page alone, specially in competitive searches. You need a website that’s well-optimized specifically for local search terms. At this stage of the process, we’ll go through each page of your website, checking the coding, site structure, kml tags, etc. We’ll then recommend a number of changes to your website, which includes hCard Microformat implementation, geositemap, KML file, URL optimization, content pages (site copy), title tag and meta description changes, and optimization of your Business name, address and local phone number (NAP) throughout your website. If you DON’T have a website yet, we can help you with that too!
- Citation Building If this is your first time reading about Local Winnipeg SEO, citations refer to mentions of your business name, address, and local phone number on other reputable web properties. Citations are as important to Google local as backlinks are to organic SEO.
- Customer Review Generation Reviews are an important part of ranking well for Google Local, more so, they’re also important in converting page views to actual paying customers. That being said, let’s be clear that we don’t FAKE customer reviews as it will hurt your rankings more than it could help you. What we’ll do is, identify the top sources of customer reviews for your industry and discuss with you a proven review generating strategy that attracts real customer reviews.